What's Hot ?
- Good cause! Helping the country that was hit by such a great catastrophe gives pride to runners who participated in the event. Based on the initial report, PHP500,000.00 was donated to the Japanese Red Cross. Way to go runners!
- Festive atmosphere. Japanese songs paying on the air, hyper active hosts and "cosplayers" around.
- Hydration was overflowing. Water and Pocari Sweat never failed the runners.
- Marshals and traffic management were enough.
- Medical personnel were visible in the area.
- Mobile showers was indeed a great PLUS!
- Crowding at some points in the route. I must admit that with the great turn out , this is hard to avoid. Aside from the merging of 3Ks,5Ks and 10K runners, the area near the Energy Center is causing major headache not only for the Run For Japan for some other big events before such as KOTR. The lead pack of 10K'ers did not have a clear path on the way back because the legions of 5K'ers were eating the whole road. Wave starts could also be of help.
- Complete race results as mentioned on forums and before the race will not be published. I know this run is for a good cause but since I am evaluating the race, I have to say the race results could have been a required.
The organizers needs commendation for organizing such an event. With just a few weeks of preparation, the result was indeed more than what I expected. With just a minimal fee and most of it will go as donation, the event was indeed a success. Will there be events similar to this in the future? I hope runners and organizers will continue doing this fun run events for a great great cause.