This is my first official race for the year. Its a 15 kilometer or 9.3 mile race to be held in Upton, MA on Saturday, March 30. This is just one of the many tune up races being held a few weeks before the Boston Marathon at Hopkinton, MA.The race is one of the few wheel-measured 15 kilometer race available in the area with mostly on scenic, rolling, well marked, newly paved roads.
The course is USATF certified and basing on the elevation profile, I will have to eat hills for brunch!
The race boast a great running experience with the following offerings:
- Mile markers at each mile
- Splits at miles one and five
- Aid stations
- Tech T-Shirts - to ALL pre-registered by March 20th
- Ample parking
- Refreshments for runners and helpers
- Awards at 12:00 noon
- Digital clock at finish
- Indoor change and restroom facilities (no showers).
- Just like last year, PERSONALIZED BIB are offered at preregistration.
- Walk in registrants will be allowed and the registration will open at 8:30
Definitely, this race is a far cry from the pampering that I get from RunRio races in the Philippines. However, having joined several races here, the atmosphere is simply euphoric. Unlike the crowded races back home, the events here, though smaller and less grand, are laid back and less commercial. Lets see how much fun this $20 race will bring.
I wont be running for any PR. The winter has been cold and training was really at its lowest, I would be happy if I can finish the race in an hour and 40 minutes. See you!
For more information regarding this race please visit the organizers site.